GME’s GX600D – A compact Fixed DSC / VHF Radio
29 March 2008
SM Group (Europe) Ltd., the United Kingdoms exclusive distributor for Australia’s leading marine electronic equipment manufacturer GME, are pleased to announce the launch of an extremely compact, feature full VHF / DSC, the GME GX600D.
Weighing in at less than 600 grams and measuring a tiny 166(w) x 65(h) x 77(d) mm, the GME GX600D is perfect for flush mounting in areas of limited space, where only a 50 mm panel depth is available.
Flexibility has been key in the design of the GME GX600D. Such features as its impressive size, IP67 waterproof rating, colour choice, range of mounting and second station options sets the GME GX600D apart from the competition.
Standard equipment on the GME GX600D is a full function keypad microphone with an extremely simple ‘mobile phone style’ operating system, ensuring operators of every skill level can access the full benefit of the radio’s extensive feature list.
The 25 Watt GME GX600D however goes well beyond this basic safety requirement as when interfaced with a GPS receiver, it will be able to transmit crucial vessel information including position and the nature of the distress call whether it be fire, flooding, collision, grounding, capsize, sinking, adrift, abandoning, piracy or man overboard. In an emergency, one push of the “red button” will send an automated digital distress alert containing your position and Maritime Mobile Service Identity (MMSI) number to rescue facilities and other DSC-equipped vessels in the area.
The GME GX600D DSC radio also provides boat owners with a valuable range of non-emergency capabilities, permitting communication with another boat or group of boats using individual or group MMSI numbers. If interfaced to a suitable GPS / chart plotter the radio can send, receive and display each vessel’s position ??? as well.
Competing products in this price range often employ a single receiver to monitor both voice and data, the GME GX600D comes complete with a second receiver so both voice and data are monitored independently ensuring the user will never miss a DSC call.
The GME also offers a unique second station remote option for the GME GX600D, ideal for larger fly-bridge cruisers. The RM600 provides all the features of the main unit whilst also offering the utility of two-way intercom.
The GME GX600D, with full RTT&E UK approval is designed and manufactured in Australia and complements GME’s expanding range of waterproof marine products.
GME GX600D – main features include:
• Exceeds the class D European specification for DSC operation
• Compact and waterproof
• Simple user interface, mobile phone style operating system
• Full function ketpad microphone
• Chartplotter function for tracking feature
• 2nd station remote option
• Multiple mouting options
• Available in white and black
Distributed by SM GROUP (Europe) Ltd the GX600D will retail at around £235.00 inc VAT and the RM600D second station £140.00.
For more information contact:
SM GROUP (Europe) Ltd
Mercator House, Brest Road, Plymouth International, Devon. PL6 5XP
Phone: 01752 241002
Fax: 01752 241040
Connect with us...
- The BMEA Conference 2013: The 2013 British Marine Electronics Association Conference took place on Wednesday, ... http://t.co/YCJg7toBuu
- Actisense MD to give Education Track seminars at 2013 NMEA conference: The Managing Director of UK based mari... http://t.co/jIopdt41fO
- Icom Proud to be Official Partner to ISAF ‘Connect to Sailing’ Initiative: The Icom brand name is synonymous w... http://t.co/GAlrWDB6NK
- Who are ISAF and why is their ‘Connect to Sailing’ Initiative so important?: The Icom family is really proud t... http://t.co/fAtvp8ZBCI