BMEA and NMEA work together to deliver first Marine Electronics Installer (MEI) course in UK
5 March 2009
The BMEA (British Marine Electronics Association), together with the British Marine Federation (BMF), has forged an historic agreement with the National Marine Electronics Association (NMEA), which puts the UK at the forefront of setting a worldwide training and installation standard.
The Marine Electronics Installer Program (MEI), established in 2004, is designed to encourage a high level of professional expertise in entry-level and mid-level technicians and to lead them to seek either BMET or Certified Marine Electronic Technician (CMET) status.
An MEI certificate is an indication of a working knowledge of NMEA’s Installation Standard, which clarifies and defines competent installation practices. A Marine Electronics Installer has demonstrated this proficiency by passing an examination designed to measure understanding of those principles.
BMEA, in conjunction with NMEA, is running the Basic Marine Electronics Installer Course on 7 and 8 April at Marine House, Egham.
This is an introductory course in marine electronics installation which clarifies and defines competent installation practices. Topics include ground systems, electrical systems, equipment installation and data communications. A Marine Electronics Installer has demonstrated this proficiency by passing an examination designed to measure understanding of those principles.
- The key electronics manufacturers are supportive of this new agreement
- Going forward the BMEA will require all member organisations to have at least one qualified member of staff within the team in order to retain membership
- This is not just an exam, but a training procedure
- BMEA has been a key player in making sure that this training is internationally relevant
- You can market your NMEA training to customers – old and new – as an indication of your professional expertise
The course is subsidised by BMF and NMEA and therefore costs just £125.00 + VAT for BMF members and £199 + VAT for non members for the 1.5 days. All delegates will receive a copy of the NMEA Installation Standard.
Please email email@example.com for further details or to book on the course.
Connect with us...
- The BMEA Conference 2013: The 2013 British Marine Electronics Association Conference took place on Wednesday, ... http://t.co/YCJg7toBuu
- Actisense MD to give Education Track seminars at 2013 NMEA conference: The Managing Director of UK based mari... http://t.co/jIopdt41fO
- Icom Proud to be Official Partner to ISAF ‘Connect to Sailing’ Initiative: The Icom brand name is synonymous w... http://t.co/GAlrWDB6NK
- Who are ISAF and why is their ‘Connect to Sailing’ Initiative so important?: The Icom family is really proud t... http://t.co/fAtvp8ZBCI