Industry Awards to be announced at BMEA Annual Conference
10 July 2009
The British Marine Electronics Association is pleased to announce that it is now organising 3 industry awards which will be announced at the annual BMEA Conference that will take place on Wednesday, October 21st, 2009 at the Novotel Hotel in Southampton.
The three awards, which the BMEA will be promoting, are:
- BMEA Waterside Dealer of the Year Award sponsored by Garmin UK ltd
- BMEA Product of the Year Award sponsored by Boating Business
- BMEA New Technician of the Year Award sponsored by Raymarine plc
Ian Lockyer (BMEA Marketing) said, ’Our customers will have the opportunity to choose the industry’s dealer and product of the year by simply going to http://bmea.org/bmea-dealer-and-product-of-the-year/ and voting.’ The ‘BMEA New technician of the Year Award’ will be chosen from a shortlist of newly certificated engineers across the industry. A panel of industry experts will choose the winner.
Ian said, ’when the customer clicks through to this poll they will find two sections. Firstly there will be a list of BMEA waterside dealers from across the UK. Secondly there will be a list of products submitted by Manufacturers or national distributors.’
He added, ’it really is up to customers to ask themselves what electronic/electrical product has been really good value for money or innovative from the submitted list? They also need to decide which company/sole trader has given then exceptional service during the 2009 season.’
The winners of all three awards will be announced at this BMEA Conference that will take place on Wednesday, October 21st 2009 at the Novotel Hotel in Southampton.
Ian Lockyer, BMEA Marketing said, ’the Association is moving forward with a lot of interesting developments including revitalising their training schemes. Recognising new technicians is very important as they are the future of our industry.
Connect with us...
- The BMEA Conference 2013: The 2013 British Marine Electronics Association Conference took place on Wednesday, ... http://t.co/YCJg7toBuu
- Actisense MD to give Education Track seminars at 2013 NMEA conference: The Managing Director of UK based mari... http://t.co/jIopdt41fO
- Icom Proud to be Official Partner to ISAF ‘Connect to Sailing’ Initiative: The Icom brand name is synonymous w... http://t.co/GAlrWDB6NK
- Who are ISAF and why is their ‘Connect to Sailing’ Initiative so important?: The Icom family is really proud t... http://t.co/fAtvp8ZBCI